Sunday 8 December 2013

That's all Folks!!!

Well, that's nearly all folks for 2013 - I feel its been a mixed year in dance terms.
On the upside, I have the most amazing students who seem to keep coming back and improving lesson after lesson. I'm extremely proud of all their achievements and next year looks set to offer plenty of opportunities to show them off to the world of belly dance! (More on that later!)
For my own personal and professional development, I have managed to get out and about much more this year, as I promised myself I would. It's very easy to get comfortable and cosy within our own little belly dance bubble, but there is so much out there to be seen and experience. I've traveled all over the UK this year and danced at lots of varied events as well as attending shows and showcases, some for the first time, and meeting many amazing, highly talented and inspiring dancers - all good stuff!!
It's also been great to get out and showcase my own dancing. On the whole, people are very kind and say such lovely things that keep me motivated and heading in the right direction. However, and I'm not fishing for compliments here, (really I'm not!) but whatever you think of my dancing please tell me - I really have NO idea whether I have done something good or something people like and I know that goes for all dancers and performers. So long as it's not deliberately mean, let them know what you think!
So now my classes are coming to a close, I have lined up the new term as follows:

Wednesday 15th January for Uckfield
Beginners from 6.20pm
Intermediates/Improvers 7.25pm
Advanced/Performers 8.30pm

Thursday 16th January for Albourne
Beginners/Improvers 7- 8pm


There will be new choreographies to learn and lots of show to prepare for - details to follow soon!

Just one last outing for me and my students at 'Jingle Bellies!' on 15th December 7pm at Ridgewood Village Hall, Uckfield - a chance to celebrate the end of our dance year  and you are all very welcome to join us :)

So until then, have a very.... 


MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!
Dancing at Arabesque Nights - November 2013

No comments:

Post a Comment